May 31, 2015

Read Up! A book with no pictures, and a story with no words

I like these two as a set: one with no pictures, the other with no words!



The Book with No Pictures
B.J. Novak
At a family storytime, when I announced that the book had no pictures, kids whined.  Once I'd finished reading it, those same children begged for me to read it again.  And that is all I have to say about that.

The Boy & the Book (A Wordless Story)
David Michael Slater & Bob Kolar
A boy walks into the library unsupervised (his mother was there; she just wasn't supervising him), and he gets down to business, terrorizing the books.  This is a book to talk about together (since there are no words to read), perhaps gasping and shaking heads together, commiserating over the way these poor books get treated.


Click on this link & READ UP!  I have many more great books to share with you!


No comments: