July 31, 2008
Hey DIYers: Here's how to fill your family activity calendar!
A few simple tips:
1) Get event calendars from the libraries in your area.
2) Pick up Bay Area Parent and Parents’ Press, the free publications generally available at supermarkets, libraries & preschools. They have monthly family event calendars, sometimes also available at their websites.
3) Visit http://www.bayareakidfun.com/.
4) The newspaper! Pick it up and read it every day.
4) Think about where you might like to see an event: a particular city? A certain zoo, museum, or shopping center? Look the place up online (for cities, enter “visitors bureau” and similar terms). Your own city likely has an online event calendar.
Simple! Before you know it, people will be asking you where you find all the great local events!